I’m looking for a Swap Positive Advisory board to explore next steps. I started Swap Positive 14 years ago and it’s developed into an amazing way to benefit all stakeholders (Tokyo TV said they came over to interview me due to the high SEO of Swap Positive)! However, since it’s just little ole’ me doing all the behind the scenes stuff, if something happens to me, Swap Positive would end! I need an organization to share the responsibility. Seeing that my passion and leadership has elevated my little volunteer social experiment into a high SEO powerhouse…it could now become self-supporting…but only with expert help!
Thus, why I’m looking for a Swap Positive Volunteer Advisory Board to explore next steps. I seek professionals who understand and support Swap Positive. Below is my dream advisory team (but I’m open to ANY help to create a way for Swap Positive to become self-sustaining!)
Please email me at email@example.com if you can help!
1. Business Advisor, to help expand Swap Positive so it’s funded and self-sustaining
2. Website Designer Current Site on unsupported template and losing functionality. I’ve purchased the domain names SwapPositive.com and SwapPositive.org. Site needs to be made easier to navigate. Venues, swap hosts, and non-profit picking up remainders need to more easily connect. A calendar that is easy for everyone to read, and venues and hosts can update their swap info themselves without affecting other entries. A donate button needed.
3. Lawyer I started Swap Positive as a hobby for fun. How can we move this towards a self-supporting organization while keeping it easy and fun for me and for all free swappers?
4. Accountant/CPA When/if we get money from donations, investment, business, etc. how do we structure the company so that staff and bills get paid?
5. B- Corp Liaison Swap Positive and B-Corps share much of the same mission. Let’s figure out how we can partner
6. Government liaison How can government support Swap positive to keep usable items out of landfills, fill community needs for free? We’ve had good input in the past, but I’d like an ongoing liaison to advise me.
7. Business Liaison Swap Positive brings in customers through free venue association, benefits company recycling goals, and provides free employee benefits. Let’s connect with businesses for mutual benefit!
8. Venue liaison Person to compile list of venues willing to host swaps, keep information updated on website.
9. Non-profit liaison Person to compile list of non-profits who’ll pick up remainders, keep information updated on website.
10. What can you offer on our Swap Positive Advisory Board? (please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org)
I’d like to meet once a month, so if you could email your name, email, phone, way you can help, and best days/times for you to meet, that would be Great! Email email@example.com, and in the subject line write “Swap Positive Advisory Board”