If you’ve started a swap and would like to be included in my OTHER SWAPS link, please read the information under the ABOUT SWAPS page, Frequently Asked Questions, What To Expect, and Start a FREE Swap. Then send me:
1. Your name and a contact email where the public can reach you
2. What your swap will feature
3. Location address of your swap
4. If your swap is ongoing, the day and time of your swap.
5. A promise that your swap will be FREE, with no admission charge, no strings attached, and that all remainders will be given away for free or to organizations that will not sell them but will give them away.
6. Send the above information to: email@example.com
If you have other questions, or are from the media and want to contact Barb Hughes, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Also feel free to check out my business and social entrepreneur sites:
Hughes/Taylor Company Hughes/Taylor audio production studio. If your business needs a voice for your commercial project (online, traditional media, message on hold, etc.).
Over 40 Fashions everyday women age 40+ of all shapes and sizes send photos and descriptions of clothes they like.
Better Ideas Now is a thought leader blog of news/ideas/muse to encourage and inspire those ready to change the world one do-able, possibly odd, idea at a time.
You can also contact any of the swap hosts directly.
I started free swapping in 2005 as a volunteer swap hostess, then founded the Swap Positive Network. I enjoy de-cluttering my home and hunting for treasure with like-minded thrifty kind people! My free swap philosophy has developed over the years. Free swaps are helpful to create community and make a positive difference in many ways, including:
- Free Swaps keep usable items out of landfills!
- Free Swaps allow women to play. Women oftentimes spend time/energy primarily on others. I wanted to provide a place where kind women could pamper themselves and play in a safe, fun, environment…while multi-tasking freeing their closets of clutter, meeting like-minded thrifty people, and getting ‘new-to-you’ treats all at the same time! Of course, this concept has expanded to kind men, teens, and children as well.
- Free Swaps allow all people to enter empowered and leave enriched. Most of us have something we aren’t using, and with everyone invested in giving, we all participate in free frugal fun!
- Since remainders are donated to organizations that give them away (not sell them), everyone who participates is a philanthropist, and those who have nothing receive in a thoughtful way through these organizations.
- Free Swapping allows businesses and organizations an opportunity to create mutual partnerships, improving our community in tangible ways. For example, People’s Food Co-op allows a free swap in their upstairs meeting room. After the swap women can conveniently purchase a few needed items, thus supporting the store. Remainders are donated to a non-profit who gives them away so additional people can play/enjoy them. Every one wins!
- Many friendships have been built through Swap Positive events.
- Those who try their hand at hosting develop leadership skills. The Swap Positive site has instructions on how to start a free swap, I offer to post their swaps for free on the website, and many swap hostesses are willing to lend support and advice to new hosts/hostesses.
If you would like to support my volunteer work as Executive Director of Swap Positive, and need a voice talent, feel free to check out my audio production and voice talent business: Hughes/Taylor Company and you can also say “thanks” monetarily via the Hughes/Taylor pay now button for any amount you like.