Cowlitz County All Size Clothing Swap for Men, Women, and Teens!
Saturday, June 2nd, 10am-noon at the Longview Public library, 1600 Louisiana St. Longview Washington.
This is an open event for men, women, and teens who’d like to participate in our quarterly clothing swap in Cowlitz County. Shop quality clothing and accessories that other people haven’t worn in a while, don’t fit anymore or just need a new home. Go through your closet and collect items that you’re having a rough relationship with; shoes, handbags, travel bags, scarves, accessories. EXCLUDES lingerie and underwear. All items must be clean and free of stains or repair needs.
All unclaimed items will be donated to a local organization that I will update you with ASAP. We look forward to seeing you soon!
This is how a free swap works:
1. Shoes, accessories, and jewelry will be in a separate pile so they don’t snag clothing items.
2. All of the clothes you bring will be kept in bags while we wait for everyone to arrive.
3. No pre-swapping (taking things or scooting them into piles before we start).
4. When everyone is present, the swap coordinator will give the go-ahead and we’ll empty bags of clothing into rows on the floor. After you empty your bags, please step back against the wall until everything is out and ready.
5. Things in the middle of the room in rows are free. Items in little piles around the room, against the walls in bags, or on chairs are someones’ stash.
6. When everything is in rows, the swap coordinator will say, “Go!” And we’ll all start at the same time. That way everyone has the same opportunity to find new clothes.
7. Take what looks good to you, gather it into your pile, then try them on. A full length mirror will be available, but please feel free to bring your own if you have one to share. If the clothes aren’t quite ‘you’, throw them back into the pile for someone else to enjoy.
8. Please support our mission by enjoying the swap as a place to get free stuff, and if you part with your new-to-you swap items, we ask that YOU do it in a free way too!
If you can’t make it to the swap but would like to donate your clean, unwanted items, email Elaine Brown for pick up and drop off location email@example.com