All who choose to attend Free Swaps agree to help keep swaps running smoothly – See the Free Swap rules here: https://swappositive.wordpress.com/about/free-swap-rules/
Check your closet, drawers and storage, wash clothes and other wearables you no longer love/wear/need (including jewelry, purses, shoes, and other accessories and in OCTOBER HALLOWEEN COSTUMES AND DECORATIONS) and bring them to the women’s medium size 6-12 clothing swap! (No children please! Only women or teens who actually wear women’s sizes 6-12)
What: size 6-12 medium women’s FREE clothing swap
When: Saturday October 13th, 2pm. Swaps usually last about an hour. If a few women can stay after to help fold up the remainders, that would be helpful.
Where: Presbyterian Church of Laurelhurst (in the gym) 935 N.E. 33rd Avenue. Portland OR 97232 503-232-9129
Directions: two blocks south of Sandy Blvd on 33rd (the west fork in the road), at Pacific Street, in a modern red brick building. There is a parking lot behind the church. Early arrivers will get a parking lot space, if you’re late you might want to park on the street instead. The gym is across from the playground. There will be signs.
What to bring: Bring only CLEAN and wearable womens and junior/petite equivalent clothes in size 6-12. Also bring any accessories, shoes, purses, etc. Bring bags to take your new clothes home with you (some women bring rolling suitcases).
The reason we ask that all clothes be washed and in good condition (ie no rips/missing zippers etc.) before bringing them is two fold: 1. so people with allergies at the swap aren’t miserable and 2. the remainders are immediately donated, and it would be rude to donate musty or non-wearable clothing to others. Thanks for being the considerate women that you are:)
The idea behind Swap Positive is to offer and get free clothes, forever. We are a free swap, not a swap meet. See the difference here: https://swappositive.wordpress.com/swap-meet-vrs-free-swap/
No money changes hands with these clothes ~ even if you get them home and decide they aren’t quite ‘you’, we ask that you GIVE them away to someone, not sell them. That is the mission of Swap Positive.
1. Wash all items before bringing to the swap. Check the pockets for tissues, gum, and money.
2. We are a clothing swap, not fabric swap, so the bottoms of pant legs or sweaters with a sleeve missing are not usable for us regular people. Also, please no food items. Save the wonderful other household stuff for our December gift swap or April stuff swap…unless you will pack it out when you leave so we don’t need to find a home for it.
3. No cheating! No taking, or hiding, or stuffing things into your sack before we officially start! It only makes it fair for all of us. Please feel free to gently and kindly remind others of our swap rules – they will feel better knowing the rules, and you will feel better knowing you are helping swaps run smoothly for everyone.
4. Wear a swim suit or spandex workout clothes under your street clothes when you swap. Try stuff on before you take it home. See how great you look in a mirror (if you have a full length mirror you could bring, that would be helpful). If it doesn’t fit, throw it back into the pile so someone else can see if it fits them.
5. It’s fun to see people smile as they try on something you brought, or see the encouragement of ‘that looks great on you’ and ‘here are some jeans your size’. You’ll be able to try new fashions you’d never dream to try on in a store, and it’s all because GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN!
6. All remainders will be donated to a non-profit that will give the items away for FREE:)
7. Please do NOT bring: clothes that are larger than women’s size 12, children’s clothes, clothes that are ripped/stained/dirty/smelly/not wearable. Go to https://swappositive.wordpress.com/other-swaps/ to find a children’s clothing swap, large clothing swap, or all-size swap venue. Please take your non 6-12 clothes to an appropriate venue. Thanks for your understanding.
If this is your first swap, Here’s how a Swap works…
Shoes, purses, accessories, and jewelry will be in a separate pile.
All of the clothes will be kept in bags while we wait. Shoes and accessories can go into a separate pile…but no pre-swapping (taking things or scooting them into piles before we start). When everyone is present, the swap coordinator will give the go-ahead and we’ll empty bags of clothing into rows on the floor. After you empty your bags, please step back until everything is out and ready. Things in the middle of the room in rows are free. Items in little piles around the room, against the walls in bags, or on chairs are someones’ stash.
When everything is in rows, the swap coordinator will say, “Go!” And we’ll all start at the same time. That way everyone has the same opportunity to find new clothes.
Take what looks good to you, gather it into your pile, then try them on. A few full length mirrors are available, but please feel free to bring your own if you have one to share. If the clothes aren’t quite ‘you’, throw them back into the pile for someone else to enjoy.
Please support our mission by enjoying the swap as a place to get free stuff, and if you part with your new-to-you swap items, we ask that YOU do it in a free way too!
If you would like to contact the PCL size medium Free Swap hostess Anna directly, her email is email@example.com. If you don’t see a free swap in your size, interest, or neighborhood, how about starting one? Find out more here.
Thanks for being a part of the FREE swapping community!