WHEN: Saturday, 05/12/12 at 2 pm
WHERE: Colossae Church at: 12176 SW Garden Place, in Tigard. This is just down the hill off Hall Blvd (by Russ Chevrolet) – some of you may know this area as Park 217. Look for the sandwich board outside the building.
HOW TO ATTEND: Very IMPORTANT! You will need to RSVP to email@example.com by May 10th with the totalnumber of people coming in the subject line. Your name and email address will be your ‘entry ticket’ as well as agreement that you and any of your guests agree to and will abide by the free swap rules listed below. Admittance will be limited to those who reserved their place, anyone without a reservation will be admitted based on available capacity. If you find you cannot come at the last minute, please drop us a courtesy note withdrawing so that someone else may attend.
Here are the WHO, WHAT and WHY details – please take the time to read!
Clean out your house, garage, and shed of all the STUFF you no longer need want or love, wash it up, make sure all the parts are there and everything is in working order, and bring it to the West Side Stuff Swap! Kind and courteous women, men, and teens are invited. We are expecting over 100 people, so leave babies, toddlers and early grade school children safely at home with a sitter. We want everyone to have fun. All items need to be free of dirt, grease, spider webs, etc. Since we are volunteers and don’t have money to pay for a dumpster, all items must be something others would want – no junk. Items must be small enough to fit in the backseat of a car (no large furniture, but a clean bike or bedside stand would be O.K.). Please, no poisons, paints or hazardous materials. Remainders will be donated to a charity who will give them to families in our community – so your gifts and usable items keep on giving!
THE BASIC FREE SWAP RULES:
It’s Free Frugal Fun! By coming to Free Swaps, you agree to the following Free Swap Rules:
1. No pre-swapping, gathering piles, or taking stuff before we officially start.
2. Only kind and considerate women, men, and teens. No small children (it could be too overwhelming and the church area we are using is not childproofed). If two or more people want the same item, and you can’t work it out by talking, the person who has the least number of items gets it. If we have a hugely interesting item for many people, we do have a fun, fair way to settle it!
3. All items brought must be clean, complete, and in working order. No broken or missing pieces. Nothing greasy or dirty. No volatile or toxic chemicals paints or products. No junk. Nothing too large to fit into the backseat of a car. No mattresses or pillows.
4. No resellers/Ebay/etc. The mission behind free swaps is “free stuff forever”, so if you get something home and decide you don’t want it, we ask that you give it away. Thanks for supporting the mission of the FREE swap community!
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU COME:
You come in and put your stuff in rows on the floor, with an aisle down the middle so we all can walk freely. We’ll have signs on the floor in rows that say:
1. TOYS AND GAMES: still in great shape new and lightly used dolls, stuffed animals, gag gifts, toys, games (including board games, puzzles, etc.) with all the pieces still intact.
2. MOVIES, BOOKS, CD’S DVD’S: Books in good condition, music on CD, DVD and video movies that are still in great working order. Computer games can go in the tech area.
3. CRAFTS, FABRIC, ACCESSORIES: Scrap-booking, beading, knitting, sewing patterns and clean fabric, the gift towels that were the wrong color for your décor, clothing accessories that are one-size-fits-most such as scarves and hats.
4. HOUSEHOLD AND HOLIDAY: dishes, potholders, coasters, fondue set, non-expired and non-opened food items, blender, bathsalts, table lamps, Seasonal items and decorations. Perfume used once, lotion used once (ie still looks new – isn’t half full and doesn’t have gunk running down the side of the bottle.) Please no mattresses or large unwashable pillows.
5. TOOLS, TECHNOLOGY, GARDEN, PETS: Clean ratchet set, clean sports equipment, clean bicycles/tricycles in great shape, computers, cameras, gaming systems, computer games, clean garden pots and tools, viable seeds, clean pet dishes and toys.
6. BREAKABLES AND COLLECTIBLES: jewelry, antiques, fancy glassware, collectibles, candy dishes. All those knick-knacks that keep piling up – dust them off and bring them!
If you have items you’re not sure where they go, just put them in a row that in some way makes reasonable sense…or put them in a row that isn’t too crowded.
Again, you will need to RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 10th with the totalnumber of people coming in the subject line. Your name and email address will be your ‘entry ticket’ as well as agreement that you and any of your guests agree to and will abide by the free swap rules listed below. Admittance will be limited to those who reserved their place, anyone without a reservation will be admitted based on available capacity. If you find you cannot come at the last minute, please drop us a courtesy note withdrawing so that someone else may attend.
Thanks for being a part of our free frugal fun!