Here’s news from volunteer swap hostess, Diana, who is hosting a west side All Size Clothing Swap for women (& teens)!
We’ll have the following categories: size 1-5, size 6-10, size 11-16, plus sizes, maternity, shoes & accessories. (You can bring clothes in any size and “shop” in another size.)
Reserve your space (RSVP) to Diana at email@example.com & include your size category.
We will have a limited number of spaces, so let me know if you can be there, and I’ll save a spot for you. Also, feel free to tell a friend who might be interested, but be sure they reserve a spot (RSVP) as well to firstname.lastname@example.org! (Note: I don’t always reply to rsvp’s, so if you don’t hear from me, I’ll add you to the list and just see you there. Thanks!)
When: Thurs., Feb. 2nd, from 7-8pm (arrive 10 minutes before 7pm)
Where: Tualatin Heritage Center — 8700 SW Sweek Dr., Tualatin, OR 97062 (directions below)
What to bring:
1. CLEAN clothes, shoes & accessories you no longer use, want or wear.
2. A bag to carry your FREE treasures home.
3. A full length mirror if you have one.
If you’ve never been to a clothing swap before, here’s how it works:
* First of all, it’s FREE.
* We’ll start on the hour, at 7pm, so please be here before that so we can
all start at the same time.
* There won’t be dressing rooms, so wear bike shorts & a sports bra, yoga or some kind of clothes under your street clothes, so you’ll be able to try things on.
* Bring CLEAN clothes, as well as shoes, accessories, and other wearables you don’t want, use, or wear anymore. We’ll have 5 size areas, as well as a separate pile for shoes & accessories (like: purses, belts, jewelry, etc.)
PLEASE BE SURE TO CLEAN YOUR CLOTHES BEFORE YOU BRING THEM — especially for those of us with allergies — Thanks!
* On the hour we’ll look through the clothes in the area of your size.
* Set aside the things that interest you & try them on. (Please bring a full length mirror if you have one). What fits, you put in the sack that you brought, what you don’t want goes back into the big pile.
(We don’t worry about how many you came with, and how many you leave with. People tend to be very courteous and not take much more than they came with anyway.)
Children? — It’s much easier to “shop” without your children with you, but if bringing your child is the only way you can make it, then feel free to bring them (along with a book or toy, so they don’t get bored).
Directions: From I-5, take exit 289, go West on Tualatin-Sherwood Rd.
Turn Right on SW Boones Ferry Rd. (you’ll see McDonalds on your left).
Follow the road past Tualatin park, curving around the corner, over the R/R tracks. Turn left at the light. You’ll see the police station on your left
& the Heritage Center right next to it. You can use the Police station
parking lot, as overflow.
So, go clean out those closets, and we’ll see you there!
There are several other swaps in the Portland/Metro area, including a
Children’s Clothing Swap & an “All-Stuff Swap”. If you are interested in
other swaps : https://swappositive.wordpress.com/other-swaps/
If you have further questions, contact Diana at email@example.com
FYI, this month’s women’s medium size (6-12) clothing swap at the Presbyterian Church of Laurelhurst is on the FIRST Saturday of February, not the second. Check here for details.