Get ready to “shop” till you drop! This clothing swap offers garments of all sizes and styles just waiting for their new homes.
June 6, 2021 from 11 AM to 4 PM.
5514 SE Foster Road, Portland, Oregon, 97206.
WHAT TO BRING
To get into the event, you will need:
- A mask
- A donation of gently used clothing OR a $20 entry ticket (which will be donated to a TBD local charity)
It’s recommended to also bring:
- A bag to place your newfound treasures in
- An outfit that makes trying on clothing easy, such as a layering top, leggings, and socks
- A water bottle to help stay hydrated
- Friends/family to “shop” with!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Step inside the dance studio and see a massive amount of clothing! We’ve been collecting and sorting donations the past few weeks and already have multiple carloads of items in all sizes, including a high amount of plus sized clothing. Some items even still have their original tags and have been never worn!
Clothing will be sorted by garment type and placed in various piles, shelves, and racks. Simply wander the rooms, look over the garments, and take what you like. There is no limit and we hope all of these items find new homes!
- Tops, jackets, and coats
- Shorts, pants, and jeans
- Skirts, dresses, rompers, and overalls
- Shoes, scarves, and hats
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How Do I Donate Clothing For This Event?There are three ways to donate:
- Drop-Off Before The Event. Coordinate a drop-off at Formation Studios before the event. Contact the studio owner (email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Instagram: @formationstudiospdx) to check that she will be around when you want to drop off.
- Drop-Off At The Event. Bring your unwanted clothing with you to the event. Our volunteers will take your bag and get it sorted while you “shop”.
- Pickup Before The Event. Coordinate a pickup from your house. I’m doing a few dedicated pickup days before the event. Contact me (email: email@example.com or Instagram: fromourclosetspnw) to find out the upcoming days and times.
What Can I Donate?Gently-used clothings and shoes. If someone wouldn’t purchase it at a second-hand store, leave it behind. So bring along that shirt you only wore a handful of times, but leave behind those stained, ripped, and worn out shorts.What If I Don’t Have Donations, But Don’t Want To Pay The Ticket Fee?You can:
- Volunteer for the event. We have so much clothing to sort before and during the event. Help us sort garments and get the ticket fee waived. Contact Formation Studios to coordinate volunteering. You can volunteer before the event or during the event – or both! Volunteers also get first dibs on any treasures they find while sorting, so you may get some garments before the event even starts.
- Gather up donations. Ask friends, family, or neighbors in your local Buy Nothing Facebook group. Tons of folks have unwanted garments they’d be happy to donate. Pick them up and bring them to the event as your donation.
Can I Bring My Child/Children?Sure! Just know that we won’t have any dedicated toys/playrooms/sitters available.What Happens To Unclaimed Clothing At The End Of The Event?Our goal is to get every item to a new owner. We will be donating leftovers to help meet local need. We already have a few contacts for folks who, for example, hand out clothing to individuals experiencing homelessness. But we are always accepting suggestions for where to donate. If you would like to pickup leftovers and take to your favorite charity/cause/etc, find out more information here or contact Formation Studios to coordinate.I Love This Idea – How Can I Help?There are many ways to get involved:
- Spread The Word. The more people who know about the event, the better. Pass along the information to friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, anyone who you think might be interested in attending.
- Volunteer To Sort Clothing. The more sorting we can do in advance, the easier it will be for everyone to “shop” the various sections. Volunteers can help out before the event or during the event.
- Pickup donations. Contact those in your network to see if they have unwanted items, then pick them up and bring them to the studio or the event.
- Lend Items. We would love to borrow clothing racks (for hanging clothes) and room dividers (for temporary changing rooms). We can return the items the day of the swap after we’ve wrapped everything up.
- Help Distribute Leftovers. We expect some leftovers after the event. Volunteers can take garments to local charities and individuals in need, getting the unwanted garment to its next home.
I Can’t Make It To This Event – When Is The Next One?We hope this will be the first of many clothing swaps! The next one will tentatively be Fall 2021. If you’d like to be notified of the next swap, contact me (email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Instagram: fromourclosetspnw) and I’ll be sure to let you know as soon as the date gets chosen. I will only contact you to let you know about the next swap, no sales or marketing messages!